What is Neighborhood Leaders Academy?
The program is a six-month training and grant program for community leaders to imagine, develop, test and realize projects that build community and provide positive outcomes. The program will empower leaders in all Lancaster neighborhoods to encourage one another, identify problems, plan projects to beautify the neighborhood and remedy issues, and celebrate the community and each other.
Who should apply?
Lancaster City residents who have demonstrated a commitment to making a positive difference through resident engagement are eligible to apply. If you are eager to build skills, develop your capacity to increase your impact, and engage with other leaders in learning, practice, and project execution, you should apply to this program.
What skills and practices will you learn?
- appreciating and using your personal strengths and core values
- building relational culture in your community and with other leaders
- understanding the resources and challenges involved in creating the community you want
- creating and using a group of allies to support you in your work
- designing and implementing a pilot project that will positively impact your community
- learning from your pilot how to modify or scale up your project
- developing and managing the human and material resources you need to produce effective positive impact