CITY OF LANCASTER COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
The City of Lancaster will be creating a new comprehensive plan over the next two years. We hope you will join us!
The City of Lancaster is working on a comprehensive plan. This plan will guide the City’s development and help decide what’s important. It will look at housing, parks, transportation, and other things that matter to all of us. Everyone can have a voice in the plan. Together, let’s decide where we go from here.
BY THE NUMBERS
– 2: Years it will take to finish the plan
– 100: Percent of citizens who can have a say in Lancaster’s future
– 1993: The year the last comprehensive plan was completed
– 170,000: $ of grant funding secured for the comp plan (so far!)
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN – WHAT’S THAT?
What is a comprehensive plan?
– A process to decide what’s important.
– A plan to guide our City’s development.
– A way to put the community’s voice into City government.
– Answers the questions:
– What do we want our City to be?
– How can we work together to make it happen?
What topics will the plan cover?
The plan will look at housing, parks, transportation, and other things that matter to our community.
The last City comprehensive plan was completed in 1993 – nearly 30 years ago! Things have changed a bit since then… together, let’s decide where we go from here.
WHO MAKES THE PLAN?
We’ll make this plan together.
Let’s start with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). The City of Lancaster will focus on:
– Giving everyone a chance to be part of the process.
– Seeking out all voices; raising up those who haven’t been heard in the past.
– Making it easy to be part of the plan by reaching out in different ways, and providing materials in different languages.
Community partners and organizations will be critical to the comprehensive plan. If your organization is interested in being part of the comprehensive planning process, please contact us.
Comprehensive Plan Committee (CPC)
The CPC is a group of City residents and businesspeople. Members include people of all ages, races, and income levels from all parts of the City. We have an amazing group of community volunteers serving!
With the help of consultant Connect the Dots, the CPC:
– Helps guide the comprehensive plan
– Weighs in on topics that are important to the community
– Helps government understand resident concerns
The Whole Community!
We want to hear community voices! The City will offer many different ways to provide feedback. Everyone can engage in a way that is comfortable for them for example, through Engage Lancaster, public art, social media, in-person meetings, tables at City and community events, or partnership with community organizations and service providers.
HOW ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS?
The comprehensive plan will be funded through both grants and City funds:
Grants - Thank you to our partners, who are making this plan possible:
City of Lancaster Funding Sources
– Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
– The City of Lancaster General fund