West King at Mulberry Streets
This five-story brick structure was built circa 1892 as the Follmer, Clogg and Company Umbrella Works Factory, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of umbrellas by 1910. The factory building was taken over in 1944 by the J.B. Van Sciver furniture store. Vacated in 1982, the building sat empty until being converted into apartments in 1986. Its rehabilitation included the reconstruction of the corner tower, which serves as a focal point on this corner property.